Sunday, January 29, 2017

Colombian Landscape Pictures, Testimony and Pizza


We are only supposed to write home for an hour each week, and usually it takes me an hour and twenty minutes to write everyone and my companion is crunching down on the time so I sent some pictures of things I wrote.  I hope you got those okay too. 

I want you to know how much your testimony as well as Dad's have carried me through some of the tough times in my mission. Whenever I have doubts or struggles, I always know that you have a strong testimony, and when I can't remember my own I remember yours. Can't you thank enough for that. 

Today I am writing you a little bit late because President called and sent us to a village called Mariquita to pick up some marriage papers and visit a family. The journey was like two hours, and it was so freaking hot there!  We spent most the day visiting the family because they can't attend church for health reasons, and there are no other members in the town.

Some of the scariest things that have happened to me?  Well, I haven't got robbed or anything yet like Elder Amick, but the drunk guys always talk to us and ask us to walk them home. We just tell them we need to pick something up and we will return, and then we go home.  Sometimes there are girls who ask me to be their boyfriend or blow me kisses and stuff because they love the North Americans and think we are all millionaires!  Haha!  One girl grabbed my leg and asked if I had a cell phone, but my comp always helps me avoid them.  We have had some interesting experiences for sure....maybe those could be classified as scary?

You asked about the mission theme.  Can I say work?  I'm really not sure, but our President is an amazing man. He is very calm and I don't feel nervous around him.  He always buys us Dominos when he comes to visit which is the only American food in Ibague, which is nice!!
 
People here usually work construction or salesman.  I believe Ivan's wife teaches music at some center or something though. 
 
Other than that, I can't tell you how much I love you all.  Thank you for all you do.  One small favor. Not sure when you're gonna send another package, but it would really really help me out if you could make a flash drive with a bunch of Mormon messages on it.  Especially ones about the priesthood, law of chastity( marriage) and the word of wisdom. My comp has one that he brought from home.  We use it almost everyday.  It would be so helpful for me going forward.  And could you send me pictures of the shark in Alaska?   The people love that story!  
 
Thanks for everything!!!
 
Love,
Elder Donaldson

No comments:

Post a Comment