Tuesday, November 1, 2016

New Roomates and an Indoor Waterfall

I'm so glad the family is having some missionary opportunities.  I've been having them like crazy.  During language study Elder Amick and I try and talk to people through the fence.   I'm sure it looks crazy but we do it anyways.  We usually get about four referrals a day, and a lot more rejections. Can you picture us yelling at people through a fence in a language we don't know?  Somehow the Lord prepares people to hear our message.   It will be great to not have a fence barrier soon.  :)


I did get your package you sent with Elder Vincent!  Thank you so much. I shared my candies with our new Latino roommates one night.  They had never tried skittles, fruit snacks, Swedish Fish, or any of that.   Made us all happy. 
So last week we got a bunch of new roommates with the new missionaries that arrived here.  One of our new roommates is 25 and has a degree in teaching Spanish. He has a strong testimony and is so fun to be around.  He has been a member since he was 19.  His family is Catholic and they aren't very happy about his decision to serve a mission, though they support him.  He says he is here for them, and I imagine he has had and will continue to have a great impact in bringing them unto Christ.
We really got lucky because our roommates this time around are all really good.  One new Latino in our room likes to prank us.  This what he does.  He likes to set off the alarm early by our faces to scare us!!  He's really cool and funny though.  He gave me a sweater. I was really touched by his gift.
Elder Vincent and his companion are super funny and they come and talk to our district all the time.  It's been cool to see him and feel a little of BC here in Bogota.
Elder Vincent and I--Selfie!

My companion and I have become great friends and he has a solid testimony which inspires my own.  My district is all normal hard working missionaries, and my roommates are fun normal guys with good hygiene.:)
My testimony continues to grow.  I know the gospel is true and that the Book of Mormon is true and that has carried me.  Had another special experience in the temple today.  I was overcome with gratitude and love.
The only other exciting thing this week was it rained like every day.  Elder Amick and I have an indoor waterfall right outside our room. Pretty sure we are the only MTC that has that...

Until next week....all is well, sending my love.
Elder Donaldson

No comments:

Post a Comment