Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Charity




Hey!  So I leave the MTC next Tuesday, and I couldn't be more excited!  I'm going to miss Elder Amick and my district for sure. And there are certain things I will miss about the MTC, but honestly I can't get wait to move on.  My district is all a bunch of fun guys and we laugh and prank each other all the time, but some of the other missionaries here...well.....


This week they told us we had to stop contacting people through the fence and focus on studying Spanish.   I was not too happy about that and tried to give president a presentation on the benefits of contacting and how much more Spanish we learn that way,  but in the end I just had to humble myself and accept it.

There really weren't any funny experiences this week worth writhing about, just lots of strange comments from the new elders...

However, this week I have been studying charity, and it is especially hard for me with some of the new elders.  I have learned charity is so much deeper than just being nice and loving everyone.  I've also been studying a lot about the atonement.  Alma 7:11-13 is my favorite scripture about that because you can relate almost anything in life to the Savior's atonement.   I have also learned how much better the scriptures are when you have a question you are studying.  I have lots to learn, and I'm grateful I've got plenty of time.
I was sad I couldn't email Mom on her birthday.  Elder Vincent's mom has the same birthday too. But I hope she got my early letter and had a good one!

That's really cool that you started institute.  Please keep me updated on all the symbols of the old testament because everyone here knows the bible, except me.  I should've paid more attention in seminary... oh well.

I'll let you know where my first area will be next week.  Thanks for all your love and support!!

Love,
Elder Donaldson

No comments:

Post a Comment