Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Downtown Bogota Drop Off

    Thank you so much for the snacks!  My companion and I have been skipping dinners sometimes because the food this week was something else.  One night we had Baked Cheese Blocks and the night before that Hot Dogs!  (Ugh!!  You know me and food tastes....)   I commented to my companion jokingly that sometimes the Lord just expects too much.  :)   And to answer you, no they don't have any snacks we can buy while here at the MTC.  I bought a Coke when I was at the immigration offices because they had a vending machine!   But thank you so much for what you sent.  
 
I have two laundry days a week, and I have spent hardly any of my Colombian money.  We have a date to go into the field I just don't know it yet, mid November.   Thank you for the conference talks.  I really appreciate them! We found one here by President Nelson called "Millennials"  It was so awesome to read, I thought he could read my mind.  
 
My classes here are mostly all Spanish language classes with a little bit of doctrine mixed in. Today there are only five of us in the MTC.  It's kind of awesome to have it so quiet.  The new people should be arriving tonight from 9pm to midnight. I'm looking forward to seeing Elder Vincent from Brigham City. 
 
Some good news. We finally got to go outside the gates and practice teaching real people.  They just put us on a bus and dropped us off in the middle of Bogota.  On the way there, we saw a guy going the bathroom right in a park, right in front of lots of children and people, and he wasn't concealing himself at all because I could see everything from the bus.  On a good note, my companion and I gave out two Book of Mormons and talked to at least 10 people Saturday morning.  We only got two hours but it was the best two hours by far yet!!!  I can't wait to be doing that full-time.  We taught one lady the whole first vision in Spanish, and she gave us her contact information because she wanted to meet with the missionaries. We helped her change her flat tire, and she had like a million dogs.   Made me really miss Romeo.

We got to go to the temple again today with just the 5 of us, and it was so great.  I say that every week but really this time was by far the best time yet!   I love being in the temple.  There were a bunch of missionaries there who are coming home in two days, so it was fun to talk to them.  I was amazed they could speak Spanish so well, but my Spanish is getting better. 
 
Sunday night we had a bunch of devotionals.  My favorite one was Elder Bednar.   He talked about how we can know if it's the spirit or just us, and I think his answer will surprise you.   I recommend his talk highly!  
 
Thanks for all your love and support.  I love being a missionary.
 
Elder Donaldson

No comments:

Post a Comment