Wednesday, October 5, 2016

I Survived the Flight!

Well, I made it safely to Colombia. We got to the MTC around midnight, and I still haven't unpacked. We have been in meetings and interviews most the day. My companion is Elder Amick from St George.  There are two other American Elders in our room and two Latino Elders that don't speak English. We all try to figure out what they are saying. There are only 15 Americans in the MTC, and there are about 90 people here. I am really struggling to learn Spanish.  I don't know anything yet!!

The weather is nice, its only about 60 degrees. I'm keeping you all in my prayers.  Thank you for all of yours.  I hope all is well.  I miss you all, but I only have five minutes so I will have more stories and details next time I email you, probably next Tuesday since that is P-day.

The story for the day though:
Breakfast was a mystery.  I think I ate eggs and yogurt, but honestly there were some mysterious things mixed in the yogurt.  It looked like Pepto Bismo, and the eggs probably had goat cheese mixed in, but I didn't let myself think that. With enough sauce you can get anything down!  Remember to appreciate your food back in America.  My last meal was an Arby's sandwich in Atlanta. I will think about that sandwich for the next two years. 
Love you all, and thank you for all your support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment