Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Transfer Day and Little Superman

Well yes I got moved. It was tough leaving Ibague, M isn't baptized yet but probably will be in the next two or three weeks. He has to attend church three times first. We had a pretty good last week in Ibague, and I did get the Pickleball paddles in the package.  I was on exchanges with Elder Amick when they arrived, so we played some racketball in the apartment! Not sure if they neighbors liked that though.
Package Goods.  Last Day in Ibaque


Saying goodbye to my trainer.


I had two spiritual experiences this week I want to share. The first was when I saw the picture of the little superman and his dad.  Dad gave it to me when I was like five... but i love that picture. I read the back for the first time, and it talked about the importance of fathers, and all the supermen who have to save the world alone everyday. I thought specifically about two little boys who we are teaching their family.  They are 5 and 8 years old. They always tell us we are their best friend, and always want us to play futbol or ride bikes with them because they are left alone in the street pretty much all the time and get yelled at if they go inside. These boys are always begging to come to church with us, but their parents are never ready. Their parents aren't bad people, but they just never play with their kids, and really just get mad if they even ask for things.  I thought of how blessed I am for my Dad, and all the times he played with me, took me fishing, built me forts, bought me food, and was a Dad for me. It breaks my heart seeing all the supermen save the world alone. Saying goodbye to those two boys was probably the hardest goodbye of leaving Ibague, I'm not sure who is gonna play with them now.

The other experience I had was with fasting.  I fasted for gratitude. It was a little tougher since my comp didn't fast.  He is very strict on rules and we forgot it was fast Sunday until like 3 o'clock Saturday.  Since lunch was at 2 Sunday he decided not to fast because it wouldn't be twenty four hours... but I just fasted for gratitude.  I remember being starving all day, and in the night I was studying some Mormon messages, and just felt very at peace.  I completely forgot my hunger, and the rest of my fast was very easy. I don't know if I'm looking forward to fast Sunday.  I haven't quite reached that level yet like you, Mom but I do know they are powerful.

Anyways, my new comp is Elder Gregor from Ecuador. He is a little more energetic and seems like we will get along fine, he doesn't speak English either though. which is good, my Spanish has improved a ton thanks to having companions who don't speak English. I'm in Bogota now, in well one of the areas that is a little more dangerous, but the weather is much better. its 60 everyday. I cant thank you enough for all the support and work you have done for me and special thanks for the package and recipes.  

I love you all!
Elder Donaldson

No comments:

Post a Comment