Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Christmas Singing and a little Paintball Fun.

Hello!  Yes, the hotel was awesome but this week was back to reality. 

So quick update on our investigators.   J,  we didn't get to meet with him again until Sunday.  He had read in the Book of Mormon and had felt like it had blessed him in his work this week.  That was great!  He wasn't able to attend church, but he is progressing slowly and is an investigator of gold.

The lady with the crazy kids isn't really interested anymore, but we are teaching her son still who is like twenty five, and the crazy kids are actually his..  He's a little interesting.  Right after I shared the first vision and the spirit was strong he asked me if I believe in aliens?  Um....okay.  And then explained his belief about aliens and his philosophy.  We have a little more work to do there on connecting with him.  We are teaching some others, but those were the two you asked about.  More updates next week.

It has been a little difficult to find any new people this week here because they are always at the Catholic Christmas events.  We don't proselyte at those  We are slowly making progress and finding more prepared people every week.  Our goal is to get them to church.    It's really just been a normal week proselyting.

One cool little experience: 
While we were teaching this elderly lady and her son I heard the neighbor start playing ACDC and Aerosmith and all the music I like that I haven't heard forever so we went to meet him and ended up teaching him a lesson too!!  The music brought the connection.   He was super cool.   
The lady we were teaching earlier lives with her son who is near fifty and he is deaf.  My comp and I decided to study sign language so we can teach him the gospel too.  I'm excited to learn and hopefully it will help me learn Spanish faster too.

We had zone conference this week.  President gave us a lesson on planning which has really helped my companion and I.  We are doing better!


 
The Christmas traditions here are a bit different than America.  We sing a lot but the problem is everyone is terrible at singing, like unbelievably bad.  We have to play recordings of the hymns louder than the people sing here for church because...well it's bad.  But I love their bad singing here, I really do.  It's part of the culture. The Lord knows the hearts of the people and the spirit comes anyways.   Oh...for the Ward Christmas party we had to sing and let's just say I was the most talented singer, and you know my singing abilities.  :)  It's all good. 


For P Day today our zone went paint balling.  
It was so awesome!  Except I was wearing shorts!!!  I'll think twice about that next time.  :(




One quick funny moment:  A lady brought out rice and liver to eat, and it was tough, but luckily she had a dog who appreciated the food more than I did.   Discretely.  Thanks Dad for the tip.  :)


I really love the people here.  It's a blessing for me to among them.  I love teaching about our Savior during this Christmas time.  Can't wait to talk to you all on Sunday!
Love,
Elder Donaldson

1 comment: