Sunday, October 22, 2017

Highlights, Critters, & Q/A with Elder D!

Monika got baptized this week.  It was neat and also one of our investigators I haven't seen for two weeks called me out of the blue and said he also finally feels ready for baptism, so we have his planned for next week. Cool story, just  no time to write it all out.
Monika's Baptism!!

Well I'm happy to hear that life is as normal back home, and yes I got the package this week!  Elder Hubbard and I have already finished the Reeses and Tootsie Rolls!  Weird it's already been 1 year in the mission.  Thank you soo much for sending those. And the letters were the best part! I love hearing from all of my family.  I'll try to conserve the rest of the treats the best I can, but we will probably finish everything after conference.   Honestly I'm super excited about General Conference!!  This weekend will be awesome.  We are going to eat tons of food as well.  You know, food is awesome.

Post General Conference:  I was sad President Monson couldn't make it.  I have come to love the prophet in a special way here in the mission and I was especially sad about Elder Hales.  I didn't really know any of the apostles before the mission like I do now.   I have such a love for each of them and just want to learn and learn from all they teach.  You got my pictures and post about making lunches.  :)  We loved doing that service and it worked!  60 lunches fed those that came to the church (walking 3-4 miles) to watch conference with us.  Spaghetti and Chili success.  Sandra went to the Women's Conference last night and loved it.  It's neat to watch someone like her progress in the gospel and truly shine because of her happiness.

Exchanges with Elder Guiterriez!

​This week we also found a ton of new investigaotors.   Elder Hubbard had his first intercambio, but in the other area, so I had a fun day with Elder Gutierrez from Peru.  It rained a ton this week which was nice because it wasn't soo hot.

And the RAT~!   We had to get that out of the church.  
Elder Exterminators.
We got it.  What do we do with it now?
Today was P-day so we went to play ping pong, me and my comp were the first ones to show up and their was a bird in the chapel, so we had to catch it and let it out. it kept trying to leave but running into the window... and I also gave my comp a haircut this week, hope you like his new style!  :)  haha.

Removing the bird from the chapel.
P-Day Hair cuts.  :)
Keeping up on my skills!  Can't let Dad shame me when I get home. 
In your email you asked a little about things here.  Here are some answers:
  1. What are teenagers like there?    Teenagers here are extremely different then in Brigham city. Its illegal to have guns, and no one goes fishing 4-wheeling or camping or has campfires. People here are addicted to social media... I personally think its because they just don't have a lot of other options.  It's not uncommon here to see two 16 year old's living together... they grow up faster... but its very worldly. But as soon as people start living the gospel its amazing how fast they start to be blessed. 
  2. Do you eat enough?     We have a restaurant we go to usually that makes us lunch, but sometimes we go to members for lunch as well. They give us sooo much food here.  Last week I threw up right after we left because I was soo stuffed.  It's really rude here if you don't eat all your food. The problem is here you don't serve yourself.   They serve you the food and they always give us too much. 
  3. Last time you felt your prayers were answered?    And that was probably the last time I saw my prayer answered as well.  I was praying very hard to be able to eat all the food that this kind lady gave me.  Miraculously I was able to do it.  Prayers answered.
  4. How can we be better missionaries at home?   Well to be better missionaries at home.   It's very different in Utah, but I think one of the best things you could do is be a friend everyone.  Too many people feel like we only talk to them or visit them to get more members in the church.  When they have a real friend that will be there regardless of what their church attendance is when they really open up and listen to us. 
You are the best family ever.  I am looking forward to Christmas to talk to you all again.  I love you all.  The gospel is always true.  Share your testimony often, humbly.  Working hard.
Love, 
Elder Donaldson

No comments:

Post a Comment